The British Government has decided to open their Embassy in Pakistan from July 2020. The British High Commissioner to Pakistan “Dr. Christian Turner CMG” announced in his tweet on 9th July that the Visa Application Centers will be opening from 27th July. Following are the updates we have so far from UKVI:
- Customers who have already booked their appointment with Gerry’s before the closure of High Commission in Pakistan, can book a new appointment.
- Customers who will be visiting the Visa Application Centers may be asked to take precautionary measures; undergo temperature checks, physical distancing, wear face-masks. Customers might be asked to reschedule their appointments if they are showing up some COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, difficulty in breathing or cough and will be advised to seek medical attention.
- UKVI will not be offering the following services until advised: Super Priority Visa, Priority Visa Service (visit), Priority Visa for Settlement Service and Walk-in services.
- Due to the current pandemic situation, the customers will also be advised to purchase Courier Return of their Documents to avoid revisiting the Visa Application Center.
- Visa seekers will be contacted by Gerry’s once the decision has been made and their passport is ready for collection.
- NOTE – Visa Application Center in Mirpur remains closed until further notice.