Like all other Nations, Australia has announced some changes in their visa arrangements for international students to ensure Australia remains the prime destination for them. According to a statement issued by the Morrison government “International students are extremely important to Australia and our economy, contributing $40 billion annually and supporting 250,000 jobs. Many also go on to become great Australian citizens”.
Following are the five changes to ensure Australia remains competitive with other countries for International students:
- As soon as the borders open and people are allowed to travel, Australian government will recommence issuing of student visas outside Australia.
- If any International student could not complete studies within the visa validity time period due to COVID-19, they will be able to launch further application free of charge.
- The study time will count towards the post-study work permit for the current student visa holders studying outside Australia due to COVID-19.
- All the graduates from Australian institute who were unable to return to Australia due to the pandemic, will be eligible to apply for Post-study work visa from outside.
- Due to COVID-19 effects on IELTS tests, the students will be given additional time to meet their English language requirements.